Tuesday 13 June 2017

Should Fake Bake Have Stuck To Just Fake Tan?


Long blog short, absolutely not. Their beauty products are pretty good. If you are anything like me you would have had no idea that Fake Bake had launched their own direct sales company and created a whole range of beauty products specifically for the brand. I just so happened to stumble across the website one day and decided to try out a small selection of the vast amount of products they had on offer simply because I have always loved the brand and their self-tanners. 

There were a couple of products that I found were not as good as the rest, but are still pretty good products and I would rather keep this blog positive given it's my first! The Scream and Pout Wonderwear Special Affect Foundation is actually one of my favourite foundations I have tried. It has been likened to the Estée Lauder Double Wear and I can fully understand why. I have been wearing this for roughly a month now and I can honestly say that I never feel the need to touch up my foundation throughout the day. It stays put, it's a matte finish and I do find I tend to lean towards dewy finishes, but this foundation has turned me. I usually have to go for the lightest shade of foundation but I have had to go for the shade 'soft beige' as their 'ivory' shade was even too pale for me! 

Another product I have not been able to replace is their contour kit. The kit consists of a kabuki brush, a cream blush, a cream highlighter and their limited edition matte bronzer. Again, I find myself reaching mostly for shimmery bronzers in the shops but have been turned into matte bronzers. This bronzer is so pigmented that I only have to dab my brush once and I get a lovely deep bronzed colour on my cheeks. I know a lot of people do not really get on with the cream highlighters or blush but I find them very easy to use and I do prefer them over powders. Their highlighter is out of this world, I can put it on at 9 in the morning and I will still be glowing just before I do my nightly skin care routine before bed.

I'm not usually one for lipglosses, in my day to day life I am usually seen rocking a matte lip stick but Fake Bake Beauty's lipglosses are not that sticky and that's the main factor that puts me off lipglosses. . I think because I am so used to wearing lipstick with such a good colour pay off, I seem to forget that lipgloss doesn't really have the purpose of needing to be overly colourful. The mascara is brilliant for making your eyelashes appear longer, I prefer my eyelashes to look a lot thicker when I wear make up but everyone is different. If you prefer natural looking longer eyelashes then I would strongly recommend the Scream and Pout Marvel Mascara. 

So all in all, I find the Fake Bake Beauty brand a pretty big success. Some of their products I absolutely  love and will more than likely not replace. I definitely think you should give them a go. You can either buy the products online at www.fakebakebeauty.co.uk/shop/bryonyhawkesford or find your local direct salesperson for the brand! 

Thank you for reading! Have a lovely day! 
B x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transform Her: Week 5

That’s another week done and another week of being poorly. Honestly, no idea what I’ve done wrong but I’ve been ill for like 2 weeks straigh...