Saturday 31 March 2018

Transform Her: Week 4

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you have an egg-celent time (yay for egg puns). This week has been a funny one for me, obviously judging by the last post you will know that I was poorly, I got a lot worse after my last post. I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t swallow and I only managed to do two exercise days. However, I am treating you all to a before and after photo because I am just beyond amazed with how this looks. This is a photo from just before Christmas 2017, I was obese but I wouldn’t admit it! The photo on the right was me this week.




Height, weight, measurements and BMI. 

GUYS I’VE GROWN. I’m being serious, I got measured today and I have grown 0.3 inches... maybe I’m just standing taller because of my new found confidence or maybe the machine just messed up and I’m actually still the same height as I have been since I was 14. I have managed to lose 2 pounds in the week, I think that was purely because I wasn’t eating though if I’m honest and I DO NOT recommend not eating as a way of losing weight! Last time I got myself weighed I had lost 2kg of my body fat mass, today I have gained back 1kg. I want to explain what happens when you’re ill as best as I can. Because I was poorly my body panicked and tried to store as much fat as possible, this means that is sneakily dipped into my protein storage for fuel which resulted in muscle loss and fat gain. It sucks basically, getting ill sucks. My BMI has gone down though and so have my measurements! My new BMI is 29.7! My new measurements are:

 Chest:                        Before 38        Now  37

Waist:                         Before 32        Now  32
Belly Button:             Before 36.5    Now  36
Hips:                           Before 39         Now  38
Thighs:                       Before 23         Now  21
Calf:                            Before 14.5       Now  14.5
Arms:                         Before 12          Now  12


What I’m eating. 
I am so thankful I can eat again, I’ve missed food so much over the last week. This week we have introduced feta cheese. I LOVE cheese. Most of my cheat meals so contain cheese and a lot of it so this new introduction makes me so happy. I’m focusing on upping my protein again so I will be eating turkey, chicken, meat, greens and eggs... everything stripped down to being as natural as possible and if some of those big supermarkets didn’t inject their meat with water it would be SO much easier, just saying. 

How I feel. 
I’m going to be completely honest, when I saw the print out of my weight and body mass fat I was actually upset with myself. Although I feel good in myself and I feel a lot healthier, I couldn’t help but feel like I’d failed a little bit this week. That’s until it all got explained to me and in fact, it’s not actually 100% my fault. It was my damn tonsils fault! I have so much more energy now that I’m better and I am ready for this week, I’m going to be back to smashing it! 

Goals set. 
I fell flat on my face with last weeks goal. I just couldn’t physically eat or drink that much at all so my protein was not at the level it should have been and my results have shown that. This weeks goal is to not give into temptation with the amount of chocolate which will be around my house for the next week. My children are having an Easter Egg Hunt in the garden and all of the eggs are currently sat in our bedroom and have been for a couple of days now.... I haven’t eaten any which is actually an accomplishment in itself, is it not? Will power is key!!! 

I am ready to get back into this journey, I’ve upped my weights, I’ve upped how many workouts and what sort of workouts I do. I am going to smash this week! I hope you’re still loving this series, if you’re not then that’s just tough. I will cyber speak to you all next week! 

Thank you for reading! 
Bryony x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transform Her: Week 5

That’s another week done and another week of being poorly. Honestly, no idea what I’ve done wrong but I’ve been ill for like 2 weeks straigh...