Friday 7 July 2017

That One Time I Tried My Hand At Photography

I've always been the creative type- I get it off my Nana and Grandad. She'd paint gorgeous water colour paintings and he would often be found making things in his shed out of wood, drawing in one of his scetch books or painting. I loved watching them work as a child and I knew from then that I was meant to be creative. I tried doing a lot of things and after landing an A in my GCSE art, I decided to go to college to study it further. The only problem was, I am not a studious person. I don't like being sat in a classroom and told to draw or paint or write. I feel like it needs to come from within and you need to have proper inspiration for you to really get anything out of it, so I quit college.

I moved to Lincoln in 2011, as soon as I moved here I fell in love with the city. It's so pretty and pleasing to the eye. When my partner and I got together in 2013, he leant me his pretty decent camera so I could go out and take some photos of the beautiful city. I asked my friend to come along so she could 'model' in some of the photos. I decided to go to one of the prettiest areas in Lincoln, the Cathedral.

Now I know you're probably all thinking 'you do photography for your blog' which is true, but I use my iPhone and for some reason I find taking pictures with a semi professional camera a lot more challenging yet thrilling. I just thought I'd share with you all some of the images I took that day. I realised that photography probably isn't the right creative path for me... I feel like blogging is creative and I'm on the right path, I don't know, it's just a gut feeling. Anyway, here are the photos!

Let me know what you think in the comments!
Thank you for reading!
B x











No comments:

Post a Comment

Transform Her: Week 5

That’s another week done and another week of being poorly. Honestly, no idea what I’ve done wrong but I’ve been ill for like 2 weeks straigh...