Wednesday 12 July 2017

My Business Journey.


Last July I was pregnant, very pregnant. I wanted to do something in my spare time, because you know, being heavily pregnant and raising a toddler isn't time consuming enough. I googled crafty stuff that I could do and I came across candle making! I had never made a candle in my entire life so I researched everything I needed and priced it up, my business set up only cost me £60! I had a look at what was on the market already and decided I wanted to make soy candles in square jars and I wanted  them to look shabby chic. 


This was my first ever finished candle. I decided to call my business Bryony's Bees Wax Soy Candles but after 5 months of confusing people because I claimed to be a vegan business with 'Bees Wax' in the name of my company, I changed it to 'Bee Free Company'. I did some fayres during the summer months but I mainly sold my candles online on Facebook and Etsy. After a while I decided to change the size of my candles and they seemed to sell better. My candles even went all the way to America!! I also stock a publishing house with my candles which is absolutely amazing! 


It's been a year since my little business opened and I'm honestly surprised at how well it's doing. I never imagined that people in America would want my candles, I never thought they would be in shops!! This summer I plan to do some more fayres and hopefully grow my business some more after taking a little time off this spring. If any of you reading this are interested in ordering and want to know what scents I have, then message me! 

Thank you to every single one of you who have supported my business so far!

Thank you for reading!
B x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transform Her: Week 5

That’s another week done and another week of being poorly. Honestly, no idea what I’ve done wrong but I’ve been ill for like 2 weeks straigh...