Tuesday 4 July 2017

6 Things I've Learnt In 2017 So Far



So as the month of June comes to an end and we realise that we are already halfway through 2017, we will probably look back at the New Years Resolutions we've made and broken and then we start to feel bad about it. So I thought I'd start on a positive note this month and tell you about 6 things I've personally learned in the first six months of this year. 

1. Self-love is important- if you learn to love yourself for who you are then your life in general will just seem brighter. I'm currently on my own path to finding self-love and, as it stands, I'm feeling a lot happier in myself and within my life.

2. No two children are the same, even if they have the same parents- my two darling children could not be more different. My daughter is happy 99% of the time unless she's got some teeth coming through, seriously, as soon as she's awake and she smiles at you, she puts you in the best mood. Whereas my son is mardy 99% of the time! I love him to pieces but when his whingey voice comes out, it makes me want to go back to bed for the rest of day.

3. Troian Bellisario is an amazing actress- is you know, you know. I'm not spoiling anything for anyone!

4. My anxiety attacks are not the boss of me- yes, they are scary, scary as hell, but they don't define me! I'm not going to let my anxiety dictate when I can and can't leave my house. I do what I want on my own terms.

5. I'm ready to get back to work- as much as I love my children with all my heart, I am more than ready to get back into work! I want to feel like I'm contributing to the household- even if I just get a weekend job.

6. Things don't always go the way you planned- the sooner you realise that plans don't always go the way you wanted them to, the less stressed you will become. I used to be wound up so tight and get stressed over a lot of small issues, some times I still do when I'm having an off day, but it's not good for my health. I started getting chest pains and my anxiety attacks were a lot worse. I've learnt to not stress the small stuff and that's the best mind set for me.

I'm hoping the rest of 2017 will be as eye opening as the first half. My New Years resolutions are way out of the window but I'm enjoying this year a lot more without completing them!

Thank you for reading!
B x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transform Her: Week 5

That’s another week done and another week of being poorly. Honestly, no idea what I’ve done wrong but I’ve been ill for like 2 weeks straigh...