Wednesday 21 June 2017

My Top 3 Matte Lipstick Picks

Anyone who knows me knows I love my lipsticks. I've recently been wearing a lot of matte shades just because I love how sleek and classy they can look. I thought I would rank my personal top 3 matte lipsticks and if you agree, great! If you've not tried the brands on this list, then hopefully you'll be inclined to after reading this blog post!


So my number 1 is Urban Decay. I was given four shades of their Vice Lipstick to try in tester form. I cannot remember what the shades were called because I decided to throw away the packaging they came in (rookie mistake) but the one I have fallen in love with was shade 'Bad Blood'. So here's the break down of what I thought: 
Colour payoff: 8/10. I felt I needed to put on more than one layer for the colour to really pop.
Staying power: 10/10. Even my mum commented on how well it had stayed on all day and even took one of the other tester shades home with her!
Quality for the price: 10/10. Obviously I didn't pay for the testers but the Vice Lipsticks are usually £15 and I really think that's a bargain for what you get! 
Overall ranking: 28/30. I will always recommend this Lipstick to anyone who asks.

Number 2 is Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick in the shade 'Possessed Plum.' Bit of a mouthful. I bought this once instore in Boots and then I accidentally bought the same shade online because I didn't look at what the colour was called and it looked a lot more purple in the picture. I don't have a picture of myself wearing the product, but the above picture is what it looks like.
Colour payoff: 6/10. I had to apply this quite a few times before I got the desired look. 
Staying Power: 7/10. I'm not sure if they actually advertise this lipstick as smudgeproof but it definitely isn't! However, it stayed on better than some of the other brands I have tested. 
Quality for the price: 9/10. With it being a drug store brand, I really think this is worth the price! It's £7.99 and you can get it from any drugstore! 
Overall ranking: 22/30. Not the highest rank but I do think this is a pretty good Liquid Lipstick if you're on a budget. 


My number 3 is Younique's Moodstruck Splash Matte Lipstick. I really like this product, it's creamy to apply and has a really good colour pay off. The shade I got 'Sentimetal' looks very much like Kylie Cosmetics 'Posie K'.  
Colour payoff: 9/10. I only had to apply one coat of this lipstick which is so convenient when you're in a bit of a rush. 
Staying Power: 5/10. Although, Younique do not claim that this is smudge proof. I'd say this stayed on for maybe 3-4 hours and that was with me eating and drinking. 
Quality for the price: 7/10. I find £21 a lot to pay for a Liquid Lipstick, however, people seem to forget that Younique is a direct sales company so their Presenter's commission comes out of that price hence why it's on the higher side! 
Overall ranking: 21/30. I do love this lipstick and even though it's got the lowest ranking out of the three, I will still recommend it to people who maybe have a slightly higher budget.

Have you tried any of these Matte Lipsticks? What are your verdicts on them?

Thank you for reading!
B x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transform Her: Week 5

That’s another week done and another week of being poorly. Honestly, no idea what I’ve done wrong but I’ve been ill for like 2 weeks straigh...