Sunday 18 June 2017

I Don't Wear Make Up Every Day- And That's Okay!



I'm a Mum of two so my face often looks like this ^. I'm tired, I have bags under my eyes and I break out due to the stress of raising two teeny tiny humans. Society today makes women feel like they should keep up with all these new trends and buy all these high end make up products, to be honest, I'd love to be able to go out and buy all these beautiful palettes and lipsticks (and I'm jealous of anyone who can!) but the truth is, I have children to feed and we're living off one income so sometimes treats for myself isn't on the top of my list of things to buy. Although, sometimes I do cave and buy myself something pretty, shh don't tell my fiancĂ©. 

Wearing no make up in your day to day life is okay. You don't always have to look picture perfect, you don't have to contour and bake every day (hats off to those of you who do though). You can have days where you quickly throw your hair up in a messy bun and still sport yesterday's mascara under your eyes because, now everyone needs to hear this so pay attention, every one has those days. Those days where you don't want to get out of bed, those days where you just wear pyjamas all day, those days where you don't shower, those days where you look in the mirror and think 'meh, not today'. 

I'll be honest with you and say there are days when I do lives on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and as soon as I'm finished, I will take my make up off if I'm staying in the house for the rest of the day. The only time I will put make up on other than for lives, is when I venture out into the world and I don't want to scare everyone I see. We need to start being confident in our own skin, we all get spots and breakouts, we all get stressed and most of us will have bags by the time we're 30, welcome them with open arms because they are what makes you, you! And if anyone ever tells you you're ugly just hit them back with the classic 'even if I was ugly I could cover it with make up, you'd never be able to cover up your ugly personality' do a sassy finger snap and walk away. 

I think we should all start posting pictures of our makeupless faces with no filters with the hashtag #barefacedandbeautiful so we can all show the world how fricking beautiful we all are without our make up! Who's with me?

Thank you for reading! 
B x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transform Her: Week 5

That’s another week done and another week of being poorly. Honestly, no idea what I’ve done wrong but I’ve been ill for like 2 weeks straigh...