Friday 16 June 2017

Face Wipes VS. Skin Care Products


I'm probably going to make myself feel so old in this blog but back in the day, when I was 15/16 I discovered I was allergic to moisturiser sometime around the Christmas period. I decided to use it for the first time because I had dry skin on my forehead and I woke up the next morning and I just couldn't open my eyes! It was like they were glued shut. I looked horrendous. Since that day, until recently, I never used a single skin care product to wash my make up off in fear of that happening again, I only used facial wipes which got me thinking- do facial wipes do all the steps that skin care products do but in just handy little wipes? 

So I did some research and discovered that actually, facial wipes are not a good way to clean your face. They just smear the dirt, bacteria, oil and make up across your face. This would explain the bad acne I had from a young age! Instead of unclogging your pores and cleaning out all the dirt that's accumulated on your face in the day, you're just kind of rubbing it around a bit more and clogging up some more pores. Yummy! Also, have you ever felt that pure stinging sensentaion after you've used a facial wipe? That's from the alcohol that is soaking into your skin, dehydrating it. Your skin needs water to thrive! But that's not to say that you shouldn't use them- they are still perfect for freshening up your face or removing smudged eyeliner, just don't count on them to thoroughly clean your face.

Skin care products are actually designed for you to have clean skin. Cleansers are for cleaning out the pores and getting rid of all the nasties that have attached themselves to your face; toners are for helping tone the skin and making it firmer, it also prepares your skin for the moisturising stage; moisturisers do exactly what it says in the name and moisturises, leaving your skin supple. Also I find taking my makeup off before all of these steps with a flannel, then exfoliating my face really makes a difference to how my skin feels at the end of the whole process. You will need to do a lot of trial and error with your skin care until you know what brands and products will help you out the most. If you have combination skin (like me) I would recommend the Fake Bake Skin DLuxe range, since using it I have had no problems with break outs or flakey skin on my forehead. But, like I said, it's all trial and error- I have tried so many brands before finally finding one that compliments my skin.

I am aware that after a long day of going about your business, the last thing you will want to do is spend 5-10 minutes taking off your make up when your facial wipes are just in reach at the side of your bed, but trust me when I say the more time it takes to clean your face the better because you know you've had a deeper clean.

Thank you for reading!
B x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transform Her: Week 5

That’s another week done and another week of being poorly. Honestly, no idea what I’ve done wrong but I’ve been ill for like 2 weeks straigh...