Sunday 28 January 2018

Curly Hair Care



All of my 24 years of living I have had curly hair and I have finally figured out a routine that really accentuates my curls so I thought I'd share what little wisdom I have on the subject with you guys!

Shampoo and Conditioner.
I've started using the Ultimate Blends Coconut Water Dry Hair Shampoo and Conditioner, they don't contain any silicone which means it won't weigh down your curls. They also leave your hair feeling nourished and shiny. Any silicone free shampoo and conditioner will have the same effect, in fact OGX have a very similar formula which is currently on offer at Superdrug.

Products.
After I've washed my hair and got out of the shower I brush my hair whilst it is still sopping wet and I apply Schwarzkopf got2b Twisted Curling Mousse again, whilst my hair is still wet. I've tried a lot of different mousse products but this is by far the best I have tried. It really defines your curls and doesn't leave your hair all hard and scrunchy... if you have ever used scrunchy mousse then you will understand what I mean.

Hair Dryer.
ALWAYS USE A DIFFUSER. With curly hair you need to use a diffuser to reduce the frizz. If you like volume to your hair then dry it with your head upside down and really focus on drying your roots and mid sections first. I tend to dry my roots and mid sections, then flip my hair back and work on my ends. Never towel dry your hair because the material can cause frizz.

Aftercare.
A wide toothed comb will be your best friend, brushing your hair will cause frizz and possibly cause breakage so switch to a comb. I find that if I sleep on my hair it will go quite frizzy so I like to use a serum on the days when I don't wash my hair. I use the Elvive Extraordinary Oil at the moment but any serum would really work.

So those were the tips I have accumulated over the years and some of my product recommendations for curly hair. I hope they have helped slightly and please let me know if you try any of these!

Thank you for reading!
Bryony x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transform Her: Week 5

That’s another week done and another week of being poorly. Honestly, no idea what I’ve done wrong but I’ve been ill for like 2 weeks straigh...