Sunday 7 January 2018

Peel Face Mask Trial... Ouch.

You've seen the viral videos of people taking 'peel off' face masks off their faces and screaming because of how badly it hurts, they make for some good entertainment! After watching multiple I had a few questions- 1) do they work? 2) does it really hurt that much? 3) where do I buy them from. 

Purchasing a peel off mask.
Turns out you can buy them from pretty much any drug store/ supermarket/ online store and they're not that expensive at all. I ended up going for the Soap and Glory 'What a Peeling' de-clog mask. Can we just take a minute to appreciate the puns Soap and Glory come up with, I do love a good pun. Anyway, the things that first attracted me to this particular face mask was that it was pink, it was made by Soap and Glory and it comes with a tiny spatula type thing to apply the mask onto your face... and it was 3 for 2 on all Soap and Glory items at Boots. 



Applying the mask.
The spatula seemed like a good idea, no mess on my bathroom floor and easy application HOWEVER, I still somehow managed to get the mask all over my hands, eyebrows, hair line... you name it, I probably got face mask in it. It started to dry pretty quickly but I had to sit around for 20-25 minutes until it had properly set and had clung to all the little nasties in my pores, so I popped the kettle on.

Can you see the regret on my face?

Taking the mask off.
I've seen those videos of people screaming and near enough crying whilst taking their masks off and I can confirm... that they must be really good actors because it doesn't actually hurt at all. It's more of an odd feeling, like you're peeling off a layer of skin, which sounds painful, but really isn't. I mean, my eyes watered a couple of times but that was probably the mask pulling out any unwanted moustache hairs hanging around my lip so I'm kind of grateful.

The results.
SO MUCH CRAP CAME OUT OF MY PORES. It is oddly satisfying to have a look at how much came out actually, I was studying the mask for about 10 minutes finding all these bits that had come out of my face. My skin felt amazing and so smooth! A couple of days later I did have quite a bad skin breakout and I honestly don't know whether that was because of the mask or because my skin hates me even when I try my best to keep it happy, who knows.

I think everyone should experience a peel off face mask at least once in their life and I can totally recommend the Soap & Glory de-clog masks!

Thank you for reading,
Bryony x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Transform Her: Week 5

That’s another week done and another week of being poorly. Honestly, no idea what I’ve done wrong but I’ve been ill for like 2 weeks straigh...