Wednesday 5 July 2017

VO5 Mega Hold Styling Mousse Review



From a young age I have hated my curly hair, the frizz, the time is takes to comb... just everything about it in general. I've tried countless products that claimed to help calm the frizz and help the curls curl more but nothing I had tried seemed to work for me, personally. I went into Boots the other day and decided to look at the hair products and see what they had for curly hair- I hadn't tried any products in such a long time because I just kind of gave up any hope that anything would work. I decided to pick up the VO5 Mega Hold Mousse. This has the typical 'reduces frizz' claim so I was pretty dubious to start off with. 

Before (no product, natural frizzy hair) 

So, I washed my hair yesterday evening and after I came out of the shower I followed the instructions down to a T in order to get maximum results. I applied the product evenly onto towel dried hair, from root to tip, and left it to dry. It wasn't sticky like most mousses are which I was pleased about and it smelt really nice, almost fruity. I went to bed not long after I'd showered so I decided to wait until morning to picture my results.

After (VO5 Mega Hold Mousse- no frizz and gorgeous curls)

When I woke up I looked in the mirror and, no word of a lie, I actually let out a little squeal. My hair was not frizzy, it was curly AND I had slept on it! It claims to hold the curls in any weather- it was extremely humid today so I went for a walk with my children and took them to the park and when I came back, my hair was still perfectly curled! It even started spitting with rain in the afternoon and my hair still looks amazing right now as I'm writing this blog post. To anyone who is struggling to find that product that will stop the frizz- I really recommend you try this product. It's on offer at the moment at Boots and all hair products are 3 for 2 too! I also picked up the VO5 Shape My Style Creation Hairspray which I used on a night out. This too claims to leave your hair glossy and frizz-free which I can vouch for! I also picked up my trusty Treseme heat defence spray. 

Curly-haired girls of the world- try the VO5 Mega Hold Mousse, you will definitely not regret it!!! 

Thank you for reading! 
B x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transform Her: Week 5

That’s another week done and another week of being poorly. Honestly, no idea what I’ve done wrong but I’ve been ill for like 2 weeks straigh...